Climate Change Solution – “Big Countries Must Finance Small Countries” – Ferdinand “BBM” Marcos Jr. “Isn’t That Waiting For Godot?” – Frank A Hilario, Asking For A Friend!

As a full-blooded Ilocano, I am thrifty. Ferdinand “BBM” Marcos Jr, my President, is a half-blooded Ilocano, his mother Imelda being one of the Visayans, known to be passionate. I see BBM as more Ilocano than Visayan; as he looks at how the world must respond to The Challenge Of Climate Change: He calls for Big Help For The Small.

Speaking at the 77th United Nations General Assembly in New York City Wednesday, 21 Sept 2022, Manila time, BBM enumerated 4 challenges the world faces today, the first being “Climate Change” (I quote from the full text (from PhilStar, philstar.com):
(“Marcos at UN” from bloomberg.com)

I see four challenges to the continued survival of our global community… First is climate change: The time for [talking] about [if-and-when] has long since passed -- it is here and now. Climate change is the greatest threat affecting our nations and our peoples…

We call on industrialized countries to immediately fulfill their obligations under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Paris Agreement to cut their greenhouse gas emissions, provide climate financing and technology transfer for adaptation for the most vulnerable and developing countries, to lead by example.

I particularly note: BBM is calling on the big nations to provide climate change financing to the small ones for climate change adaptation. BBM believes that the big countries should provide the small countries assistances in money & technology to combat climate change, the world’s common enemy today.

“Excellent!” I say.

But that would be Waiting For Godot, for which I have no patience. I will now play with Irish playwright Samuel Beckett’s “Godot” as an acronym – “God of Destiny, or of Technology.” I say: “Give me Technology anytime!”

As an agriculturist and a wide-angled “googler” (a word that I invented just now), I know we already have that Technology to resolve the climate crisis. The Small Boys can do something big for their own benefit right now, without the assistances of the Big Boys:

Regenerative Agriculture.
(“Regenerative” image from pinterest.ph)

How much faith do I have personally with “regenerative agriculture/regenerative farming”? Let me count the ways! Writing about the subject, I started 29 Oct 2020 with the essay “Regenerative Farming – Enriching The Soil Enriching The Farmers” (Brains & Beauty Agriculture, blogspot.com); and –

In the last 2 years, I have blogged an unbelievable total of 77 essays, each one exactly 517 words (excluding name of author), a total of 39,809 words, written and published in the last 23 months! Each essay written solely by me. If that does not show you passion, you don’t know what passion is!

Sorry, but I differ with my BBM Sir when it comes to confronting climate change – I believe that Regenerative Agriculture (RA) can solve 2 major national problems at the same time: Farmer Poverty and Climate Change. RA is less cost, more returns, less climate change. And much faster. I don’t want to be waiting for Godot forever!@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Leocadio Sebastian Is A Good Man – Why Do You Tie A Good Man Down?” – Asking For A Friend!” – Frank A Hilario

Knorr Of Big Business Unilever Thinks Big Business Regenerative Agriculture – My Tiny Country PH Also Should!

Ma'am Leni, Angat Buhay, Remembering Adam & Eve: Here Is How The Females Can Show The Males How To Take Very Good Care Of Their Garden Of Eden!