And God Said, “Let There Be Love!” And Man Began To Love Himself And Called It “Science”

In the last few weeks, before my 82nd birthday on Saturday, 17 Sept 2022, I had been saying every morning upon waking up and every evening laying down to sleep: “Thank you Lord, for another day. Thank you Lord, for my family.” Now I have printed that and pasted on the wall above my wooden bed. (I'm glad I have a bed!)

Actually, I have been asking God to let me live up to 100! I want to serve my country longer, an agriculturist engaged in what I call Communication for Village Development in the 21­st Century (CoViD21). This began in 1975-1981, when I founded and became Editor In Chief of the 3 publications of the Forest Research Institute (FORI): monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat.

In publication, those FORI years were the “Days of the Dinosaurs” (giant typewriters) and the typesetters, and it took days or weeks to print a newsletter, or journal, or magazine. But my heart was in the writing and editing and the waiting for the publication to come off the press – for my readers.

Thank God, today, there is no waiting when it comes to publishing: Write now, edit now, publish now. Since 2000 in numerous blogs and thousands of essays, millions of words, I have been writing, among other things, about being good foresters, good loggers, and good farmers – Conservation. Except the term, I did not invent it: “Science with love.”
(“Heart” from crosswalk.com)

Today, 2 years after I began to write about Regenerative Agriculture (RA) – see my essay, “Regenerative Farming – Enriching The Soil Enriching The Farmers” (29 Oct 2020, Brains & Beauty Agriculture, blogspot.com – I am publicly asking the Creator to extend my life – my father Dionisio died at 95 and my mother Sixta at almost 100 – so that I can serve my country longer and more in the open field of restorative, recuperative, reproductive, Regenerative Agriculture.

Especially now that Climate Change is wreaking havoc on our lives – you may know Climate Change as more frequent & destructive typhoons and floods.

I know that Agriculture is a great contributor to Climate Change via the greenhouse gases (GHGs) generated by chemical fertilizers – which our farmers love to apply in abundance! They are enamored with high yields, and ignore the high prices not only in costs to their pockets but also to the environment – as well as to their health, as well as to our health.

It is time that Chemical Agriculture endure a Climate Change to Regenerative Agriculture!

No, Regenerative Agriculture (RA) is not rocket science. Here are “10 Regenerative Agriculture Practices Every Grower Should Follow” (heliae, heliae.com):

1.     Reduced or No-Till Farming Practices

2.     Cover Cropping

3.     Composting

4.     Increasing Crop Diversity

5.     Organic Annual Cropping

6.     [Proprietary soil amendment product]

7.     Animal Integration

8.     Managed Grazing

9.     Silvopasture

10. Agroforestry.

Today, if you don’t understand anybody’s science, you simply go Google – or ask people via Facebook. I pray for Man the best is yet to come!@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Leocadio Sebastian Is A Good Man – Why Do You Tie A Good Man Down?” – Asking For A Friend!” – Frank A Hilario

Knorr Of Big Business Unilever Thinks Big Business Regenerative Agriculture – My Tiny Country PH Also Should!

Ma'am Leni, Angat Buhay, Remembering Adam & Eve: Here Is How The Females Can Show The Males How To Take Very Good Care Of Their Garden Of Eden!