“EDC’s COO Richard B Tantoco talks of his personal and professional journey with his love for nature [1] ” ( Energy.com. ph). Love for nature. During the Age of Dinosaurs (large typewriters), I was a very busy Editor In Chief of the Forest Research Institute (FORI), now Ecosystems Research & Development Bureau, from 1975 to 1981, busy founding & writing & editing for FORI’s 3 regular publications – monthly newsletter Canopy , quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop and quarterly color magazine Habitat (that I patterned after the US National Geographic ). Nonetheless, Mr Tantoco surprises me that, ever since, I have never met a Million Tree Man like him! And native PH trees at that! He writes (“Seeing Green”): I have two dreams. The first is a personal one, and that is to plant a million Philippine native trees in five years. I still don’t have a business model for this endeavor right now, but maybe at some point I can sell some of the seedlings and create an eco-tourism ve...
Comments
Post a Comment